For the same price or less than a brand new Les Paul, get a 22 year head start on accruing vintage pedigree and value.

$1950 includes original Gibson Protector Case


Saturday, June 6, 2009

While My Guitar's Previous Owner Gently Weeps

 1987 Gibson LesPaul Standard - Closeup of front
Having worked in music stores, I've seen hundreds of guitars cross my path. Some as pedestrian as a beginner's toy-like instrument to near-mint condition Strats, Teles and Les Pauls from the 50's, and one-off instruments made for stars. 

I've seen and played some of the best instruments ever made. When you're selling an instrument, of course, you're going to talk it up. This instrument is exceptional in every way a guitar is measured - beauty, tone, collectible status, condition and playability. Considering my history and experience, I do not make this statement lightly. The next owner of this guitar will be very happy and I will be a little sad. A part of my heart will break, but it's time for this fine Gibson guitar to find a new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment